BASIC JOB INFORMATION
- Job Category: Agriculture, Business Development
- Job Level: Full time
- No. of Vacancies: 1
- Job Location: Guwahati, with frequent visits to locations in Assam and Meghalaya
- Offered Salary: As per industry standard (Negotiable)
TEAM AND ROLE OVERVIEW
The (Agri) Business Development Executive is being recruited, in a full-time position, to be a part of aQysta India’s team (Northeast).
The (Agri) Business Development Executive will work to expand aQysta’s Grown Farm Incubator in India (NE), onboarding more farmers, market partners, and other partner organizations.
- Would you like to play a role in revolutionizing agriculture to positively impact the smallholder farmers in India?
- Are you entrepreneurial, proactive, and unafraid to share new ideas with a diverse group of stakeholders?
- Do you want to bring innovation in the agricultural value chain so as to make farming profitable for Indian smallholder farmers?
If the answers to the above questions are yes, then this could be the perfect position for you where you can apply your professional passion to lead in the job role of (Agri) Business Development Executive. As such, the (Agri) Business Development Executive will be at the heart of aQysta’s mission of empowering smallholder farmers.
- Execute the GROWN farm incubator expansion plan by
- Identifying potential areas for expanding Farm Incubator.
- On-boarding farmers and farmer groups by conducting meetings with relevant stakeholders
- On-boarding market partners willing to buy harvest from farm incubator and sell in the national and international market
- Establishing agriculture value chain partnerships together with partners providing farming inputs, seeds, tools, fertilizers, training.
- Establishing partnerships with government and non-government organizations working with smallholder farmers
- Analyze and provide suggestions to improve the Grown Farm Incubator business model.
- Develop a strategy to market the concept of Grown Farm Incubator to relevant stakeholders.
BACKGROUND AND SKILLS
Minimum of 2 years working experience in the business development domain working closely with farmers/farmers groups/ cooperatives/Micro Financial Institutions (MFIs).
Having practical experience in agriculture value chain development is a plus
Having a Masters’s degree in Agriculture/Agronomy, MBA (agribusiness), or a related field. BSc Agriculture, BBS/ BBA with strong work experience may also qualify.
Good communication skills to communicate with diverse stakeholders ranging from market/business partners, farmers, government officials, and international colleagues
Strong presentation skills (verbal, interactive with preparing slides, etc.)
Commendable negotiation skills.
Able to plan work and organizing the team and oneself
Entrepreneurial, self-driven, and proactive in work-approach
Candidates possessing a valid driving license will be preferred
WHAT WE OFFER & EXPECT
At aQysta, you are welcome to join a diverse international team of driven, ambitious, young professionals who proudly own the company’s purpose – ‘to enable smallholder farmers to sustain themselves and their families with just farming.’
aQysta provides an open-minded and safe working environment that encourages innovative thinking, ownership, and taking on responsibilities. aQysta provides ample room and tools for you to unleash your creativity and skills to excel in the work you do.
As a company, aQysta adopts the global best practices and believes in taking an active role in its employee’s growth, by providing them with challenges, freedom and support required such that they hone their skills, develop confidence and shine as stellar professionals.