BASIC JOB INFORMATION
- Job Category: (Agri) Sales, Market linkage, Business Development
- Job Level: Full time
- No. of Vacancies: 1
- Job Location: Kathmandu, Nepal (with frequent visits out of the valley on a need basis)
- Offered Salary: Competitive
TEAM AND ROLE OVERVIEW
The Agri-Sales Executive is being recruited, in a full-time position, to be a part of aQysta Nepal’s team.
The Agri-Sales Executive will work to expand aQysta’s Grown Farm Incubator in Nepal, on-boarding more market partners, partner organizations and farmers.
- Would you like to play a role in revolutionizing agriculture to impact the smallholder farmers in Nepal positively?
- Are you entrepreneurial, proactive, and unafraid to share new ideas with a diverse group of stakeholders?
- Do you want to bring innovation to the agricultural value chain so as to make farming profitable and exportable for Nepali smallholder farmers?
If the answers to the above questions are yes, then this could be the perfect position for you where you can apply your professional passion to lead in the job role of Agri-Sales Executive– Nepal. As such, the Agri-Sales Executive will be at the heart of aQysta’s mission of empowering smallholder farmers
- Develop new and premium sales channels for the produce of the Grown Farm Incubator.
On-boarding market partners/actors are willing to buy harvest from farm incubator.
Advise on crop selection and market and buyer requirements which will create premium market access.
Provide support for the GROWN farm incubator expansion plan by:
Identifying potential areas for expanding Farm Incubator.
– Onboarding farmers and farmer groups by conducting meetings with relevant stakeholders.
– Establishing agriculture value chain partnerships together with partners providing farming inputs, seeds, tools, fertilizers, and training.
– Establishing partnerships with government and non-government organizations working with smallholder farmers.
– Analyze and provide suggestions to improve the Grown Farm Incubator business model.
– Develop a strategy to market the concept of the Grown Farm Incubator to relevant stakeholders.
Minimum of 3 years working experience in the sales and/or business development domain working closely with market actors in the sales of agri-products/ farmers/farmers groups/ cooperatives.
Having practical experience in agriculture value chain development is required.
Having a Masters’s degree in Agriculture/Agronomy, MBA (agribusiness), or a related field. BSc Agriculture, BBS/ BBA with solid work experience may also qualify.
Excellent communication skills to communicate with diverse stakeholders ranging from farmers, government officials, business partners, and international colleagues.
Strong presentation skills (verbal, interactive with preparing slides, etc.).
Commendable negotiation skills.
Able to plan work and organize the team and oneself.
Entrepreneurial, self-driven, and proactive in work approach.
Candidates possessing a valid driving license will be preferred.
The position will be compensated based on a fixed and variable component based on performance.
WHAT WE OFFER & EXPECT
At aQysta, you are welcome to join a diverse international team of driven, ambitious, young professionals who proudly own the company’s purpose – ‘to enable smallholder farmers to sustain themselves and their families with just farming.’
aQysta provides an open-minded and safe working environment that encourages innovative thinking, ownership, and taking on responsibilities. aQysta provides ample room and tools for you to unleash your creativity and skills to excel in the work you do.
As a company, aQysta adopts the global best practices and believes in taking an active role in its employee’s growth, by providing them with challenges, freedom and support required such that they hone their skills, develop confidence and shine as stellar professionals.