BASIC JOB INFORMATION
- Job Category: Agriculture, Technical
- Job Level: Full time
- No. of Vacancies: 1
- Job Location: Bagmati/Gandaki Province (with frequent visits on a need basis)
- Offered Salary: Competitive
- Education Level: ISc.Agriculture in plant science or equivalent
- Experience: Min. 2 years of experience working in agriculture, especially being located in the field
TEAM AND ROLE OVERVIEW
The agriculture technician is being recruited, in a full-time position, to be a part of aQysta Nepal’s team.
The agriculture technician will work closely with aQysta’s Agronomist and other agriculture technician colleagues to train farmers in Grown Farm Incubator which is located near the farming community.
The agriculture technician will eventually evolve as an agricultural expert at aQysta and will strengthen the scientific farming knowledge of the company.
Do you believe that innovation in the agricultural value chain is undoubtedly the critical approach to make farming profitable for smallholder farmers in Nepal? Would you like to play a role in revolutionizing agriculture to positively impact the smallholder farmers in Nepal?
Are you entrepreneurial, proactive, and unafraid to share new ideas with diverse groups of stakeholders?
If the answers to the above questions are yes, then this could be the perfect position for you where you can apply your professional passion for leading in the job role of (Agri) Business Development Executive.
As aQysta’s agriculture technician in Nepal, you will work with the smallholder farmers and support them to achieve the set goal in terms of commercial agricultural production.
As such, the agriculture technician will be at the heart of aQysta’s mission of empowering smallholder farmers.
- Locate in the selected cluster of farmers to manage aQysta’s farming activities in the clusters.
- Manage work and relationships, and motivate farmers in the selected cluster.
- Provide technical guidance to farmers on growing, monitoring, and pest management of selected crops for targeted output achievement.
- Provide advice to end-user farmers on agricultural practices to optimize quality, yield, and income. The advice will be on irrigation (with hydro-powered pumps), fertilizer application, growing periods, seed types, planting preparations, weeding & pest control, and preventing diseases, for high-value crops, based on local soil conditions.
- Record and share regular farming data in the company record-keeping platform.
- Make daily visits and monitor farms.
- Coordinate with Agronomists for each farming step taken in countries.
- Develop agriculture intervention programs for the company.
Education: Isc. Agriculture in plant science or equivalent.
Min. 2 years of experience working in agriculture, especially being located in the field.
Hands-on experience working in farming, production planning, and training farmers.
Ability to motivate and manage farmers.
Good communication skills to communicate and build rapport with diverse stakeholders.
Willingness to locate in a town near to focus cluster is mandatory.
Self-disciplined and trustworthy.
Knowledge and experience of agri-business practices with smallholder farmers are preferred.
WHAT WE OFFER & EXPECT
At aQysta, you are welcome to join a diverse international team of driven, ambitious, young professionals who proudly own the company’s purpose – ‘to enable smallholder farmers to sustain themselves and their families with just farming.’
aQysta provides an open-minded and safe working environment that encourages innovative thinking, ownership, and taking on responsibilities. aQysta provides ample room and tools for you to unleash your creativity and skills to excel in the work you do.
As a company, aQysta adopts the global best practices and believes in taking an active role in its employee’s growth, by providing them with challenges, freedom and support required such that they hone their skills, develop confidence and shine as stellar professionals.